110. Policy guidance and article references
- USDA/FNS policy and guidance references
- U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) policy and guidance references
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) policy and guidance references
- California-specific policy and guidance references
- Other independent articles and analyses
In addition to predictable references in this Guide to applicable federal and California statutes and regulations (all of which are available via the right-side menu), there are numerous references to alternative sources and articles for further policy guidance about the Food Stamp Program. Most of the references are to policy guidance, statements and analyses published by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Nutrition Services (FNS), the federal agency with national oversight and administrative responsibility for the Food Stamp Program. The remainder derive from varied reports and analyses published by other agencies, organizations and individuals, as indicated below.
Within each subset below, items are arranged alphabetically by title or first author.
USDA/FNS policy and guidance references
- Generally, see the select list of FNS Administrative Notices
- Joint Guidance on Citizenship, Immigration Status and Social Security Numbers (and Questions and Answers)
- FNS Non-Citizen Guidance
- California State Plan Certification – FY 2008 (August 15, 2007)
- 2-Year Approval of Waivers of the Work Requirements for ABAWDs under 7 C.F.R. § 273.24 (February 3, 2006).
- SNAP Legislation
- SNAP Policy
- 2002 Farm Bill – Letters and Memos
- 2002 Farm Bill – Section-By-Section Summary Of Provisions Affecting Food Stamp Provisions
- Cumulative Questions & Answers on Certification and Work Issues in PRWORA (last updated July 1999)
- Database of State Waivers and Requests
- EBT Disaster Plan Guide (October 2000)
- Disaster Food Stamp Program Guidance
- Ensuring Food Stamp Nutrition Benefits During TANF Program Changes (January 29, 1999)
- Fact Sheet on Resources, Income, and Benefits
- Food Distribution Disaster Assistance
- Food Stamp Program Annual Persons Participating
- Food Stamp Program Annual Summary
- Food Stamp Program Cooperation with Fraud Investigations (April 24, 2003)
- Food Stamp Program State Options Report (6th edition: 2006)
- Fraud Policy: 7 C.F.R. § 273.16 (February 4, 2004)
- General Assistance and Public Assistance Diversion Payments – Further Guidance (July 2, 1998)
- Immigrant Eligibility – Guidelines for Making Determination Based on Work History (June 13, 1997)
- Legislative History of the Food Stamp Program
- Policy Memorandum No. FD-042: Pay Received by Military Personnel as Result of Deployment to a Combat Zone (February 19, 2008) (reissued)
- Questions and Answers about Disaster Assistance.
- Questions & Answers on the Final Rule on Noncitizen, Eligibility and Certification Provisions of PRWORA – Second Section
- Questions and Answers Regarding the Food Stamp Program Certification Provisions of the Farm Bill (multiple sets)
- Revisiting Policy Regarding Head of Household as Individual Responsible for Intentional Program Violations (IPV) (June 4, 2001)
- Separate Household Status for Disabled Persons (June 12, 2006)
- Standard Utility Allowances (SUA) Charts
- TANF Diversion Payments
- Tips for Handling Food Following a Disaster
- Work Supplementation or Support Guidance Questions and Answers
U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) policy and guidance references
- Executive Order 13166 of the President, “Improving Access to Services for Persons with Limited English Proficiency,” 65 Fed.Reg. 50121-50125 August 16, 2000)
- Executive Order 13166 Resources
- Guidance Regarding Title VI Prohibition Against National Origin Discrimination Affecting Limited English Proficient Persons” Policy Guidance 67 Fed.Reg. 41445-41472 (June 18, 2002)
- Information regarding Executive Order 13166
- Interim Guidance on Verification of Citizenship, Qualified Alien Status and Eligibility Under Title IV of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996, 62 Fed.Reg. 61344 (November 17, 1997).
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) policy and guidance references
California-specific policy and guidance references
- Generally, see the select list of California All County Letters and All County Information Notices
- SNAP Policy on Immigrants and Access Issues (chart of state options)
- California All County Appeals Letter Re: Expedited State Hearings (January 19, 2004)
- California Checklist of Things to Bring to Your Interview
Other independent articles and analyses
- Laurel Blankinship, Handling Potential Fraud Cases at the Civil Level, Clearinghouse Review, September/October 2003, at 357.
- California Food Policy Advocates (CFPA), Chart Summarizing What IEVS Matches With What in California.
- Stacy Dean and David Super, Implementing the Individual Exemptions from the Food Stamp Three-Month Time Limit, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (December 11, 1998)
- Food Research and Action Center (FRAC), Advocate’s Guide to Disaster Food Stamp Program (July 2005)
- Food and Resource Action Center (FRAC) Food Stamp Disaster Relief: Ivan, Frances, Charley and Jeanne Aftermath.
- Jonathan Givner and Gary Smith, Overpaid But Underfed: the Revised Regulations Regarding Overpayment Collection in the Federal Food Stamp Program, Clearinghouse Review (March/April 2001), p. 697.
- New York State Nutrition Consortium, An Assessment of New York State’s Disaster Food Stamps Benefit Program
- Evanne O’Donnell, Laurel Blankinship and Jodea Foster, When Cash Aid and Food Stamps Become a Gateway to Prison and What You Can Do About This, Clearinghouse Review, September/October 2003, at 341.
- Steve Shapiro and David Super, USDA Expands Eligibility for Emergency Food Stamps, 24 Clearinghouse Review 683 (November 1990).
- David Super, Food Stamps and the Criminal Justice System, 25 The Champion (Journal of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers), November 2001, at 20.